Curing soap and sleeping in the same room

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDebby

Reaction score
This is a thing I really haven't thought about before:

The soap I make I cure in the spare bedroom.
Before I've used this mostly as storage room, but a few times a year someone sleeps there.
It will probably take a little while before anyone sleeps over but just in case:

Would there be a problem with sleeping in the same room where all the soaps are curing?
Or is this an bad idea because of the health of the friend or the quality if the soaps?

The soaps at the moment are standing in a book case with a fan pointed at them that is running 24/7.

I agree with Obsidian. Curing soap in the bedroom shouldn't be a problem., unless they contain potent EOs, that someone might be allergic to.

No way could I sleep in the same room with a bunch of different scents all night. My issue would be FOs, if you use them. Most of them give me instant headaches, and some cause my face to itch, or my upper lip to swell. My daughter can't sleep in our spare bedroom either because that's where my soaps cure. Fortunately, we have a really nice Murphy bed in the den.

I’d imagine opening a window in good weather for short periods of time would make scents a little less overpowering. So long as humidity and extreme temps aren’t a huge problem for you.

Thank you so much for the answers!

It is only for a couple of times a year, mostly when it is my or my partners birthday.
If someone wants or needs to sleep over they can also sleep in the living room.
(Worst case scenario I won't let anyone sleep in there I don't plan to stop making soap and I don't have better place to store them.)

There are plans to buy a bigger house.
I'll make sure the new home will have a decent extra soaping roam for me!
It would be one step closer to try and start selling soap.

Last edited:
Back