Curing Racks?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil said:
Wow! I'm getting this feeling again , It starts in my hands and moves up my arms around the neck up the spine to the head... Its called inspiration, desire, the need to create soap..

What great pictures.. Thanks for the inspiration I really needed it.

You know how to cure that feeling Neil; "Just do it!" :D :lol:

Paul

Soapmaker Man said:
Rachelle, I would use something other than aluminum window screen as this will react to a fresh cut soap. You can use the vinyl mesh window screening instead. I like using, as I mentioned earlier, using the vinyl screening called gutter guard. It is strong and easy to stretch over the 1 x 2" framework I mentioned. Soap + aluminum = trouble. The lye hates aluminum. Other than that....cool! 8)

Paul

Good catch! lol, I did not notice that one... we have been using the same basic principle, but using the wire square grid, instead of the wire screen (pictured near the first post) for the base.

I think the plastic netting (gutter stuff) would be great too - it sort of looks like construction netting, but on a smaller scale - and not bright orange! :)

Lane, I never passed up a chance to stop and ask the Coke man when I saw him delivering...anywhere! :lol: I ain't shy when it comes to anything to do with soap. How many times have my kids ducked when they knew I was going beggin' Heeheehee
But they were always nice enough to give me one! Of course, you know..uh.. ahem... I live in the South and the people are r-e-e-e-el nice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eta:sp

Birdie said:
Lane, I never passed up a chance to stop and ask the Coke man when I saw him delivering...anywhere!

I use to work at a gas station and I NEVER even thought of asking the person who ACTUALLY works with the crates!! :oops:

I just posted these pictures in another thread, but I thought it might be helpful here too. I just bought these and they were SUPER easy to put together and adjustable!
stuffs326.jpg

stuffs325.jpg

stuffs327.jpg

Lane, that is very similar to the ones I have set up in my soap room. They are very secure and they lock down very well. I have several sitting end-to-end and about 5 shelves high each. Soaps curing, supplies at arms reach, everything right beside my soap table.

Birdie said:
I live in the South and the people are r-e-e-e-el nice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eta:sp

LOL - Birdie, I just visited the South last year and it felt like the twilight zone -- everyone was SO NICE and just waved -- Its NOT like that here in cali!

I loved visiting the south!

Lane said:
I just posted these pictures in another thread, but I thought it might be helpful here too. I just bought these and they were SUPER easy to put together and adjustable!
stuffs326.jpg

stuffs325.jpg

stuffs327.jpg

Hi Lane -- These vs. wooden racks are more sanitary! Wood cant be sanitized.

:)

Latest posts

Back