Curing racks/shelves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this.

What do y'all use as curing racks? With my soap business I have anywhere between 200-500 bars curing at one time. I'm looking for some ideas on good shelves to use as curing racks.

Thanks!

Not nearly as large producer as you, but I went to Sams and bought a couple of their industrial shelving units. They are chrome plated, heavy duty, assembly was easy, and you can adjust the shelves to your specifications. I like them pretty well. 8) I put a fan under them, and installed them in a walk-in closet with a AC duct. Between the fan moving the air and the reduced humidity from the duct, my soaps seem to dry pretty fast. I am getting ready to buy a dehumidifier to use next summer. They are starting to go on sale now. I've heard that by putting in a dehumidifier in a confined space like this walk-in closet, it will really speed up the cure. :)

Paul.... :wink:

I use baker's racks. the soaps you see have already cured.

Soap_Racks.jpg

Irena

they look heavy... I am going to have to get some in the near future, were they expensive?

Those bakers racks look perfect. I'll also check out Sams Club. My huband is finally installing ac/heat in my "factory" (the shed behind my house). So with my soap shed being climate controled I'll be able to store my curing soap out there where I have more room instead of in my office which smells so strong of different soaps that it'll knock you down.

Have you thogut of using the woodend racks from IKEA? You can add as many shelves as you need, their relatively inexpensive, made from wood, and hold alot of weight. I have a short one with a tv on it right now. I do like the idea of the baker's rack though. :)

I have an idea for stackable wooden drying racks. I would use 1-1/2" pine, with a fine wire mesh on top to allow air flow. They would be like 6" high so you could stack them on your table. You start out with one, fill it with fresh cut bars, then add a second, third, fourth, on top of each other. Little space required and inexpensive. Huummmm, I'll make a few this next week and show you guys a picture in the "projects" area. This rack will be 24" by 24" square.....my brain is cooking up ideas now..... :)

Soapmaker Man said:
I have an idea for stackable wooden drying racks. I would use 1-1/2" pine, with a fine wire mesh on top to allow air flow. They would be like 6" high so you could stack them on your table. You start out with one, fill it with fresh cut bars, then add a second, third, fourth, on top of each other. Little space required and inexpensive. Huummmm, I'll make a few this next week and show you guys a picture in the "projects" area. This rack will be 24" by 24" square.....my brain is cooking up ideas now..... :)

I know of a company that sells those now... but the shipping would kill me getting them. They were not that expensive.. but for me being on the West.. it was...

Back