Curing Rack

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BroknArrw

Reaction score
Had my babysitter make me a curing rack. Just over 4 feet wide.

20180121_103940.jpg

I'd love my husband to do the same for me, i'm thinking behind the back door so it does take a lot of space and is out of the way.. yhank for sharing, yours looks class

What size soaps? Are those oak dowels? Asking because they seem to have little to no bow in the center. I'm drying my soaps on a cookie drying rack right now, and the rack is bowed from the soap weight and running out of space :) What size bars do you make?

Soap are eyed up at an about inch; I am doing 1.25 inch now. He said 3/8 inch dowels, not Oak.
Dowels are 4 feet wide. The center wood helps strengthen since its in the middle holding the dowels which go through holes he drilled in center piece.

That's fantastic. May it bring you much happy curing.
I must get onto making something soon. My few recent noob-soap-making efforts have now exceeded the curing / drying space I have. I'm using an outside shed, so potentially have a lot of space ... just nothing set aside and usable for soap racking. Soon™.
The main benefit, so far, is that the shed interior now smells great. Peach last weekend, and lavender and orange (separately) this week.

Latest posts

Back