Curing Rack- Gardeners.com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is beautiful! (I'm talking about the big smile on your face and fun bird on your shoulder, btw). 😀

The curing rack is awesome, too. I've been pining over an aluminum half-height sheet pan rack from Webstaurant. With five sheet trays and delivery it would only be $160.00. Or the full-height one with ten sheet trays, which would be ~$250. We shall see what Santa brings!

So my hubby was going to buy the gardeners.com one but it would show up for 2 months. So he just finished this! He's a keeper! My daughter helped build the shelves! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰.and yes I need a stepstool but better for more space than not enough.
So great - that will be really satisfying to fill up! You look so happy. ❤️
I've been pining over an aluminum half-height sheet pan rack from Webstaurant. With five sheet trays and delivery it would only be $160.00. Or the full-height one with ten sheet trays, which would be ~$250. We shall see what Santa brings!
I have two sheet pan racks I got locally off fb marketplace - they are so, so handy. I bought some fiberglass market trays from Webstaurant and some plastic trays. The plastic ones are a skitch too narrow and fall off the rails pretty easily. Not all the way off but they get awkwardly tipped. The fiberglass ones are more $ but worth it. The heft of them works better too. You can see my video review that they paid me $10 for on their website. 👍

So my hubby was going to buy the gardeners.com one but it would show up for 2 months. So he just finished this! He's a keeper! My daughter helped build the shelves! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰.and yes I need a stepstool but better for more space than not enough.

What a wonderful gift! You will have to keep us posted on how much soap can be "in cure" with it! BTW, does Hubby have the plans he can share?

That’s amazing!!! He’s a keeper for sure!!!

I just scored TWO 20 tier bakers racks used for $75, for BOTH!!! The cheapest new I could find was $200 for one! A sad part of lots of restaurants closing, but I’m super grateful for it!

So much yey! So glad for you. Kudos to hubby and your daughter!

Now to find myself a handy hubby too.....
ROFL

So great - that will be really satisfying to fill up! You look so happy. ❤

I have two sheet pan racks I got locally off fb marketplace - they are so, so handy. I bought some fiberglass market trays from Webstaurant and some plastic trays. The plastic ones are a skitch too narrow and fall off the rails pretty easily. Not all the way off but they get awkwardly tipped. The fiberglass ones are more $ but worth it. The heft of them works better too. You can see my video review that they paid me $10 for on their website. 👍
Do those fiberglass trays have a surface texture, or are they smooth?

This is the plan he used but he modified it to have the shelf height 6" for my high tops. It took him about 3 hours to modify and calculate all the wood and materials. It took about 2 1/2 days for him to put it together. It's non finished as I didn't want anything to mess up the soap and I will be using some parchment paper on the drawers til I can go over them with a,sanding block. We had my mother in law here from 12/17 -12/27 so I'm a little tired lol 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I am 5'1" for reference!

https://ana-white.com/woodworking-projects/vegetable-rack-slide-out-trays

For everyone asking I can put 4- 5 5 pound loaves per drawer depending on height & design

Attachments

• 20211230_124116.jpg
    20211230_124116.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back