Curing Rack- Gardeners.com

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAShillito

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these in real life for a soap curing rack? My husband told me it'd be cheaper to buy it then buy everything to make it. And I'm super limited on space so thought this would be a good fit. Ideas? Thoughts? Bueller?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-132447_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211201-132447_Chrome.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 184
Does anyone have one of these in real life for a soap curing rack? My husband told me it'd be cheaper to buy it then buy everything to make it. And I'm super limited on space so thought this would be a good fit. Ideas? Thoughts? Bueller?
I have been looking at that every couple of months and just can't pull the trigger. A couple of reviews on the site are from people that have used it for soap curing. If you end up buying it please let us know how it is.

I have been looking at that every couple of months and just can't pull the trigger. A couple of reviews on the site are from people that have used it for soap curing. If you end up buying it please let us know how it is.
I definitely will. My hubby already said we should keep it in the house if we get it so mostly our "guest"/storage /etc room. But our house is teeny so it'll take finagling

I have one like it but it was made locally
Screenshot_2020-11-27-21-02-45-631_com.miui.gallery.jpg
I don't have a newer pic lol I grabbed this off another post. In USD it'll cost less than 100 haha but that's our standards. It was made by a small time carpenter to my specs. Your hubby should know better if buying costs more than making but in my case they were hard to find so I had it made. Way easier than bread crates LOL

I have one like it but it was made locally
View attachment 62994
I don't have a newer pic lol I grabbed this off another post. In USD it'll cost less than 100 haha but that's our standards. It was made by a small time carpenter to my specs. Your hubby should know better if buying costs more than making but in my case they were hard to find so I had it made. Way easier than bread crates LOL
That's awesome. We live in a rural area and no small time carpenters. The bread trays I'm using are killing my back too. They are not fun

I started out using cookies sheets lined with freezer paper, but hubby got tired of having to move them every time he wanted to use the washer and dryer so he bought me a shelving until from Home Depot. Then he went to grab a cookie sheet one day to bake fries and of course, they were all in the garage and so he went out and bought me a few different sized professional sheets/trays. I can handle the sheets, but the tray is much too heavy when filled, so it stays on the shelf and I bring to the soap to it.

I would love something like that. I say…go for it!

I still think the most economical and space saving are the shoe racks that stack together. I have 3 stacked, purchased from Walmart several years ago but they are available at a lot of stores. I like it because it is flush against the wall. It is only 11 inches deep and I use the flat boxes from garden nurseries to hold my soap for curing. The shelves are metal so the cardboard trays prevent me from curing directly on the metal shelf. I prefer that so that I can move a tray of 40 bars of soap easily from kitchen to laundry room storage shelf.

Here is a similar one on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Simple-House...locphy=1013219&hvtargid=pla-353532085848&th=1

Attachments

• IMG_3241.JPG
    IMG_3241.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 144
I use a baker's rack with cafeteria trays rather than the full bakers trays. I don't think I could lift the wooden pull out shelving any more. The cafeteria racks don't quite fit level on the rack but they are usable AND light enough for me to move when they are totally full of soap. I have no idea what they cost new, but I found mine on Craigslist and total cost with new trays was about $80.

So my hubby was going to buy the gardeners.com one but it would show up for 2 months. So he just finished this! He's a keeper! My daughter helped build the shelves! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰.and yes I need a stepstool but better for more space than not enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20211222_160414.jpg
    IMG_20211222_160414.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20211222_160359.jpg
    IMG_20211222_160359.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20211222_160417.jpg
    IMG_20211222_160417.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20211222_160422.jpg
    IMG_20211222_160422.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 89
Awesome sauce!!! I'm a bit on the short side too. The top shop would be perfect for soaps requiring an extended cure time.

Back