curing in individual molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CritterPoor

Reaction score
When using individual molds, how soon do you remove the soap? As soon as it's hard? When you get around to it?

I am hoping to do a lot of soaping this weekend, but I don't have a lot of curing space. I am hoping to use some of my individual molds and keep the soap in it for a week, or so, until I move some current soap around and have more room. I am worried about it not drying well being closed in on most of the sides.

For curing purposes, the soap does need to be unmolded. Do you have access to some cardboard boxes? You can put your soap in those and stack them to let them cure.

I agree that they need to be removed to cure. I use the boxes that raspberries come in that Costco has and they stack well without using a lot of space. Especially when my shelves are full

For me, it all depends on whether or not the soap gels. If it does, I remove it the following day. If not, several days or maybe even a week later, to be sure I don't dent it as I remove it, as I have been known to do, being the impatient bugger that I am. But no, you wouldn't leave the soap in the molds to cure, just until hard enough to remove without denting. If the soap didn't gel, and is still soft or softish, it's easy to dent it as you're trying to coax it out of the mold, no matter how careful you try to be. If it's a thick walled silicone mold, it's easier. A thin walled one, difficult. And if it's not silicone, and it hasn't gelled, and it's not ready, bits will stick to the mold, and you'll have ruined your pretty soap. HTH

Back