Cure time for rebatch

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navaria

Reaction score
I'm sure this is not a new question, but I couldn't find anything in the search about it. If someone were to rebatch soap that had a 6 week cure, would it need to cure again or just dry out? Does the rebatch process mess up the crystalline structure to the point it needs time to reform or does it stay the same except for the additional water?

Well, I did a lot of rebatching with my HP. I'm going to make a guess here and say it only has to dry out.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well. Obviously I'm going to do some self testing before I give it to my testers to try again. It's my sensitive skin soap. Both my testers said it dried them out so I rebatched it to up the superfat. Of course after I did that one of the girls asked for more of the original because she started using it just on her face and said it helps keep her skin from becoming oily. Go figure lol.

Oh ok. Thanks Susie. It wasn't lye heavy, it was just drying apparently. I didn't have a problem with it but I don't have sensitive skin. I'm basically flying blind on this one trusting my testers. I'll give it the full 6 weeks before I give it out then. Thank you!

If you added any oils to help fix a lye heavy/drying soap, you need to let it cure.

If you only added water to fix a less attractive soap, it only needs to dry out.

Thank you Susie, that is why I don't answer questions. I just assumed she rebatched for simple reasons like I did. Never thought about the lye heavy issue.

Thank you Susie, that is why I don't answer questions. I just assumed she rebatched for simple reasons like I did. Never thought about the lye heavy issue.

I've actually done both lol. Had some turn out flat out ugly. So ugly my kids asked "Is that soap?? Is it even safe? It looks scary!" You can bet that got rebatched as well, just for the experience.

I've actually done both lol. Had some turn out flat out ugly. So ugly my kids asked "Is that soap?? Is it even safe? It looks scary!" You can bet that got rebatched as well, just for the experience.

I am the Queen of ugly soap! It usually happens when I think it's going to be unique and beautiful... Ha

Kids are brutally honest :)

Latest posts

Back