Cure in the loaf experiment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A suggestion -- set your scale to weight ounces. Scales that convert to fluid ounces assume the specific gravity of what you are weighing is equal to 1. That's fine if you're measuring water, but not necessarily accurate for anything else. Some day this is likely to trip you up.
Thanks- I usually leave it on oz. I had just weighed something in grams and missed that.

Updated pic- thanks @DeeAnna
PXL_20210806_211253349.jpg
PXL_20210806_211207110.jpg

The cut bars list nearly 11% water weight, and the uncut loaf lost 5.4% water. They were both cured enough, but the cut bars were noticeably bubblier.

The bars were easy to slice, though I did not use my wire cutter. I think I could have. They were not as hard as I expected and still a little sticky in the middle.

As it happens, I have 2 batches of ZNSC Tea Tree curing now. Made July 17 and July 19. The first batch was cut 1 day after unmolding. The second batch is uncut loafs -- meant for shipping to a customer to cut as needed. I'm happy to join your experiment. I can always make more! ;) I'm curious to see how the loaves cut after 6 weeks cure, August 28 -- maybe too hard? (The loafs and cut bars are hard enough to ship in 2 weeks.)

View attachment 59850
Your soap looks so " buttery & creamy" 💫🤗

@Peachy Clean Soap Thanks for the compliment. Creamy for sure. And thanks for the reminder... it's past time to cut the loaves... :D
View attachment 60540
I used your soap for the first time’ Yes it’s had a long cure’ 3 months, put a bar in the shower 🧼 & asked hubby to try it out, of course us soapers have a few bars in shower & sinks all the time & wanted his opinion on your soap?. He & I both really like it. I’ve had really dry skin as of late’ in so much I’m researching & changing soap recipes. After using your Soap 2nd day today’ I definitely had less dry & ashiness. Thank Ü again. 🤗🧼💫🤩

Latest posts

Back