Cupuacu butter in soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanaDawn

Reaction score
I have some cupuacu butter that I have been using just as a facial oil. I only have about an ounce of it, but I use very very little and do not want it to go rancid before I can use it...so I wondered about putting it into soap, and what properties it would have. I can see the soapcalc list for the butter, but I'm never totally sure how that translates in use. Has anyone tried it?

Either freeze or refrigerate it. It will last almost indefinetly in the freezer. If you go into soap calc and put in capuacu at 100 % and click the caculate button you can then click on any oil or butter to compare properties. The left side of the column will be the new one you are trying to compare. (section 5 in soap calc) Only click on one oil or butter at a time (single click) to compare properties (column labeled one)

yes, I know how to put it into soapcalc and view the properties, but I wanted some feedback from someone who'd used it. I don't find the properties list all that helpful at this point. I can see how it compares to a range, but somehow I can't glean from that how it will perform as a soap. I don't want to use it in soap if the result is likely to be poor.

Thanks for the suggestion to freeze it. Some things don't freeze well, so it's good to know this will be ok in the freezer.

Latest posts

Back