Cupcake Shipping Advice???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karenricha

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - Happy Fall!
Ok...I made some beautiful cupcakes this past weekend. I have people from Facebook asking if I'll ship some to them. Now - I think honestly I am going to tweak my frosting recipe - mine used melt and pour - bath whip and glycerin - it piped beautiful - and I let it set 24 hours...however today - its still a "little sticky" I need frosting that dries rock hard...but does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to ship these cupcakes? Or..does anyone have a recipe for frosting that uses only soap products but the frosting hardens? Thanks so much for your advice!
Karen:razz:

cupcake soap.jpg

I use CP to frost my soaps. The same recipe I use to make the cupcakes. I package them in shrink wrap for shipping and then cushion with packing peanuts. But, I also give a cupcake box for them to put it in for gifting or whatever.

Unfortunately I can guarantee those will not ship. We ship a lot of cupcakes and it took my daughter almost a year to work out a frosting that will hold. Our cupcakes are m&p but I am sorry I cannot share our recipe.

Unfortunately I can guarantee those will not ship. We ship a lot of cupcakes and it took my daughter almost a year to work out a frosting that will hold. Our cupcakes are m&p but I am sorry I cannot share our recipe.

I suspected that might be the case with that frosting. I've never made it so not sure what the texture or consistency is.

It's certainly good to know though.

I put mine in a regular cupcake box/with middle insert. I then pack that box inside another well padded box. I leave no room for shifting. I also mark the box as fragile.

Those are pretty! I use my regular CP soap recipe and just pack them very carefully so they cannot shift around. I shrink wrap them since I use M&P embeds and send to humid places. I don't have all the fancy heat guns and impulse sealers for shrink wrap - I just buy the bags at WSP and use my hair dryer.

Latest posts

Back