Cupcake Shipping Advice???

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

karenricha

Reaction score
Hello Everyone - Happy Fall!
Ok...I made some beautiful cupcakes this past weekend. I have people from Facebook asking if I'll ship some to them. Now - I think honestly I am going to tweak my frosting recipe - mine used melt and pour - bath whip and glycerin - it piped beautiful - and I let it set 24 hours...however today - its still a "little sticky" I need frosting that dries rock hard...but does anyone have any suggestions on how I may be able to ship these cupcakes? Or..does anyone have a recipe for frosting that uses only soap products but the frosting hardens? Thanks so much for your advice!
Karen:razz:

cupcake soap.jpg

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I use CP to frost my soaps. The same recipe I use to make the cupcakes. I package them in shrink wrap for shipping and then cushion with packing peanuts. But, I also give a cupcake box for them to put it in for gifting or whatever.

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can guarantee those will not ship. We ship a lot of cupcakes and it took my daughter almost a year to work out a frosting that will hold. Our cupcakes are m&p but I am sorry I cannot share our recipe.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can guarantee those will not ship. We ship a lot of cupcakes and it took my daughter almost a year to work out a frosting that will hold. Our cupcakes are m&p but I am sorry I cannot share our recipe.
I suspected that might be the case with that frosting. I've never made it so not sure what the texture or consistency is.

It's certainly good to know though.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I put mine in a regular cupcake box/with middle insert. I then pack that box inside another well padded box. I leave no room for shifting. I also mark the box as fragile.

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty! I use my regular CP soap recipe and just pack them very carefully so they cannot shift around. I shrink wrap them since I use M&P embeds and send to humid places. I don't have all the fancy heat guns and impulse sealers for shrink wrap - I just buy the bags at WSP and use my hair dryer.

Latest posts