Cucumber Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBarnett

Reaction score
I was canning cucumber relish this last weekend and noticed a large amount of juice coming out of the ground cucumbers so I made soap with the juice. I used 100% cucumber juice in place of water, the lye turned it orange but it worked great. I now have a nice batch of lightly orange cucumber soap with a cucumber and melon fragrance oil.

Robert
Yes I can!

It turned out really nice. I am going to try other veggie waters next year. Carrot, tomatoes ( green & red), beet and some others. I can use my vitamin to turn just about any veggie in to water. What do you think is best raw or cooked?

Robert

It turned out really nice. I am going to try other veggie waters next year. Carrot, tomatoes ( green & red), beet and some others. I can use my vitamin to turn just about any veggie in to water. What do you think is best raw or cooked?

Robert

Cooking is only beneficial if you're going to drink some veggies. Tomatoes are one such veggie you gain some vitamins from cooking. Personally, I don't see a point in adding a process. the juice will cook anyway when the lye is added.

Back