Quantcast

Cucumber soap

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Logansama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey there, I found a nifty recipe for a cucumber soap, and was wondering, if I puree the cuke and don't strain it, will the green flecks of skin eventually go brown?

Same with aloe vera, I have aloe all over the place and would love to incorporate it into soapmaking. I like the idea of not straining, but will the skin flecks go brown?

Thanks!

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will be much happier with the aloe gel if you cut your leave and leave them standing up to drain the brown resin to the bottom of the leaf then cut it off and discard it. The split the leaf to get into the clear gel and filet it off. I then put it in a blender, add in the citric or ascorbic acid. When blending it will foam up so you need to leave some head space in the blender. This will give you pretty green aloe liquid. I do not add in the outside skin to my soap because it become quite scratchy and yes can turn brown. I add in my aloe into my oils not my lye since it will turn yellow when mixed with lye, but do include the aloe as part of your required liquid.
I also like to strain my cucumber juice