cucumber mint swirl, first time using liquid chlorophyll

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jd_198818

Reaction score
i have been looking in the health sections in stores more often than i used to.. finding odd things to use for soap. for some reason i thought that chlorophyll was just used for soap.. apparently it is a good for you supplement as well! lol bought a bottle for $5.99 and had to give it a shot. made my usual recipe and split into 3 sections. the bottom is about one cap full of chlorophyll and some chopped up mint, middle is base with no color added, top is 2.5 cap fulls of chlorophyll. tried to do a chopstick swirl.

IMAG2797.jpg

IMAG2801.jpg

IMAG2804.jpg

IMAG2807.jpg

That looks awesome, fabulous colors! I wonder if it will hold up over time?

They look really nice. Try to keep them out of the light and use them up once they are cured. Chlorophyll can fade/turn brown in light and there has been some reports it causes DOS quicker.

thanks! i have not read anything about the negatives of chlorophyll. these colors might change? i thought that this was the best way to get that natural green.

Do a search on the board for chlorophyll, you'll find all kinda of info. Some people use it with no problems but many other have trouble with DOS. I don't think any plant based green stays true, it all fades some with time.
I've used parsley and spirulina, both have faded and changed a bit, the parsley is the greenest though. The bright green spirulina swirls I made have faded to a lighter greenish gold color. Its still pretty but not what I wanted.

Back