Crumbly soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunibee

Reaction score
Hi, my charcoal soap has turned crumbly. Is it excess of SL ? ..
IMG_20211206_061014.jpg

Checked the pH it is normal.. did zap test again it's only soapy. Can it be excess of eucalyptus oil ? I use 4% for scenting ..

Were you working with low temperatures? I have had that issue when working with low temperatures and possibly had false trace. I forced gel in the oven and that fixed it

Were you working with low temperatures? I have had that issue when working with low temperatures and possibly had false trace. I forced gel in the oven and that fixed it
I don't remember. But I know I did not pop it into my cooler Box

Thank you for the quick reply. Now I am just doing the HP rebatch ..let's see

I've had that happen to me before. If you're interested, for future batches, you can read here what advice I got.

I wonder now if it's the amount of charcoal.....

I've had that happen to me before. If you're interested, for future batches, you can read here what advice I got.

I wonder now if it's the amount of charcoal.....
Thank you dawni.. I will definitely read up can u send me a link plz
I think it's the temp.. I cooked it n moulded it. Seems good

Thank you dawni.. I will definitely read up can u send me a link plz
I think it's the temp.. I cooked it n moulded it. Seems good
Could be kaolin clay as well ..charcoal I use 1 tbspn per pound coz I mix it with oil ..

Back