crockpot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black soap n candle lady said:
How hard (or easy) is it to make soap in a crockpot? Does the soap turn out just yummy? Give me some info. Thank you!

I find it very easy to make soap in the crockpot. You don't need to worry much about temperatures etc. Just make sure your crockpot is big enough to hold your batch. It shouldn't be more than half full.

Here's what I do:

1)Turn crock pot on to high.....add weighed oils to start melting. Since I don't use essential oils, only fragrance oils.....I dump these in right now. They'll survive the cook. (Essential oils won't)

2)Mix lye into water and set aside.

3)When oils are melted and clear, add lye solution and stick blend until trace.

4)Cover crock pot and check every 10-15 minutes. Stir down any soap volcanoes.

5)When soap reaches mashed potato consistency, color and add any essential oils. Test a little bit for free lye. If not neutral (zaps), cook a few more minutes and test again. When there's no zap, it's cooked.

6)Pack into HEAT RESISTANT mold of choice. Tap mold on counter after every few plops to get rid of bubbles. Get a piece of wax paper and some oven mitts. Use those to smooth the top.

7)Unmold and cut when cooled. Can be used immediately, but is better if you give it a week or so to dry out a little more.

The texture isn't quite as smooth as CP soap, but it's ready immediately, and it's still very nice.

Latest posts

Back