Crockpot rebatch. Started out scary.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Greg :lol: I appreciate the easy to understand instructions!

Geez, I'm really impressed with you.... you're a "newbie", and you're so on top of all this stuff..... bada bing, bada boom!

How in the world did you learn so much so fast?! Have you been studying 24/7 for a month straight? :lol: :lol:

SoapyGal said:
Lane said:
I re batched last night! Instead of putting my shavings into the pot, I double layered them with freezer bags and boiled 'um for about half an hour... Cut the corner off and piped the melted shavings into molds. Worked great!

:shock:

huh? I'm sorry, but I don't understand this at all.... what is "double layering", and are freezer bags like the zippered freezer gallon bags you get in the baggie isle at the grocery store?

:oops:

Sorry.... I'm still really wet behind the ears with all this stuff....
Greg pretty much got it! But I fill the pot over half full, but the double layered bag in, put the lid on and in an hour, it's melted!

Thanks, Lane! By the way, I LOVE your website.... you've got some great looking soaps 'n stuff!! Your ink art is amazing! :)

SoapyGal said:
Thanks, Greg :lol: I appreciate the easy to understand instructions!

Geez, I'm really impressed with you.... you're a "newbie", and you're so on top of all this stuff..... bada bing, bada boom!

How in the world did you learn so much so fast?! Have you been studying 24/7 for a month straight? :lol: :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

My day job involves writing so I've had a lot of practice explaining things using simple language, particularly procedural things. Think "test procedure." (borrriiinnngggggg!) I've even had a few magazine articles published although they didn't pay enough to keep me motivated.

Uh, yeah, as a matter of fact I've been spending most of my time in the last 4 weeks studying soapmaking. I'm not employed at present and picking up a new hobby is an excellent diversion. A new hobby is somewhat like a new romance. :)

I hear ya. I can't get enough of a new hobby at first, either. I get frustrated when life interferes & I can't sit & absorb all the info I want for as long as I want!! Have to take turns with family needs.

It's amazing how much you miss when you're away from the board for a few days!! I feel like I've got so much catching up to do!! :lol:

And then to find out you're like on your bazillionth batch!! :lol: :lol:

I don't have any life so I can spend all my time on hobbies. Well there's my significant other... (my dog!) :)

Back