Crochet Soap holder pattern.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wish that those cozies didn't make the soap last so much longer. I have a LOT of soap to go through before I am allowed to make more. I need small crochet projects to keep my hand from hurting, so that would be perfect while I am out of work, and they are so cute! But I really need us to go through some soap and get it used up.

I just wish that those cozies didn't make the soap last so much longer. I have a LOT of soap to go through before I am allowed to make more. I need small crochet projects to keep my hand from hurting, so that would be perfect while I am out of work, and they are so cute! But I really need us to go through some soap and get it used up.
How about making cotton washers? Maybe for gifts. I can sell as many as I can make so someone loves them!

I highly suggest using acrylic yarn instead of cotton yarn. Acrylic does not stretch like cotton and dries faster.

I don't care for the feeling of soapy/wet acrylic yarn. It just doesn't feel good to the hands. And it doesn't wash like cotton yarn does. I have made these and washcloths, and I much prefer cotton to acrylic for this purpose.

I highly suggest using acrylic yarn instead of cotton yarn. Acrylic does not stretch like cotton and dries faster.
I make mine out of cotton and mine haven't stretched and found the cotton dries fast enough.

How about making cotton washers? Maybe for gifts. I can sell as many as I can make so someone loves them!
I like making cotton washers or (flannels, as dh calls them :(), theyr'e great for small projects inbetween large ones. I also use them for the kitchen sink.

I also make 12" square crocheted cloths to use when you pull a hot plate out of the microwave and need to put it on your lap or a surface that can be damaged (for the rare occasions we eat sitting on the couch to watch a game or something). Just be sure it is large enough to give you a corner to turn over and grab the edge of the plate when you pull it out.

I like to keep an assortment of these (and washcloths) to have on hand at my farmer's market and craft shows. I only use cotton and switch up my stitches and colors so I have a good variety. It's what I do during the 'down time' between customers so I keep busy. lol

Back