Critiques, please.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never too late to make suggestions!! The company I got my label paper from discontinued it...story of my life. So when choosing a new paper, I chose a granite ivory color heavy paper, not so rustic looking. This is the display we have used since last November, and it's working well for us. This is the L shape display. We also have a layout for a straight display. The front of the display is where the trays are; the soaps are to the side to allow for browsing soaps without traffic jams.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bakingnana - Gee I don't know how I miss so many threads but I seem to.
I didn't see this updated.
I love the new set up. It looks so much nice. The trays at front look so soft & pretty. I really like the look of those. Always a good idea to have different set up for different locations isn't it.
Your screens make a HUGE difference to the overall look. No clutter beyond you. Amazing how a few changing and a good sign can change things up so much.
Keep up the fabulous work.... looks like you've got it figured.
8 x table fee.... you go girl!!! Thats terrific for church fair.

Thanks, Nattynoo! The suggestions from everyone helps so much. Also, paying attention to others at fairs gives you a great basis for what works and what doesn't. No surprise to me why some don't sell anything. My biggest suggestion to others is NOT to sit behind your table. Get up on your feet and engage with the customers. I'm always so surprised at the vendors that sit (usually visiting with their booth "partner") and don't engage those stopping to look, then complain that it was a lousy fair cuz they didn't sell much.

I so agree with this theory Bakingnana.
Another thing I've learnt over the years is to actually place a product in the customers hand. Perhaps something they sort of looked at, and engage in a short explanation of the product. Sometimes people are afraid to pick things up.
Often they won't actually buy that product but it engages them.

Absolutely! I've been fussing with some way to actually demo, especially sugar scrubs and shaving soap. I have a ewer and basin, and I suppose I could fill empty CO bucket with water or something, with another empty bucket to dump used water in, but do you think it's worth the mess? I love the wrought iron dry sink that Deda uses, but haven't seen anything similar in my travels or I'd have snapped it up! Any ideas or suggestions for demo, anyone?

Looks great! I like the stand, it gives a nice eye height opportunity for looking at product, rather than looking down at a table. Thanks for sharing, I have not yet attended a market or craft fair, planning on some Christmas craft fairs. I appreciate your sharing it benefits all!

Cheers!

:)

I really like the photos of your displays. Everything is nicely displayed. Your products look great. Your diplays are very attractive and eyecatching. Very well presented to your customers.

BakingNana what beautiful products you have displayed and I think with all the great advice you have had.............You have aced it...........Love your stall and would not be able to just walk on by. I have little sample tins of wax and hand them to people to sniff as they look, great way to spark conversation I love to hear about what thoughts and memories different fragrances trigger for people :D

I have dial up and an old computer so it's taking forever to try to look at the pictures enlarged

It's so interesting to read your experiences. I had my first craft fair this weekend and I agree with engaging with the people. I never sit down and was so busy while the people all around me sat in lawn chairs visiting. My stepdaughter and I were going non-stop.

We did a dishpan and a watering can to demo the scrubs and it was a big hit to me it was worth it. I had individual spatulas to give people samples of body butter and everyone tried the body butter. We gave them the sample on the spatula so people wouldn't get their grungy hands on the product.

Please keep us updated

cwarren said:
I think I agree ... Your Set up is beautiful.. but fabric just too formal for the rest of it.. a solid would be better ..

Yes, I LOVE your setup but I don't like the tablecloth. I think something less formal as well.

I think you should keep the table cloth with the crocheted one on top. It looks appealing, nice, professional, and welcoming and also warm. It doesn't look too fancy at all.. Stick with your setup. It's beautiful and I'm sure it's what you want in the end =).

Latest posts

Back