Creme mix

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I completely get what you are saying. But my take from your original post was “stop using that, try this instead”. Its making you seem like a professional in alternative medicine, to them.

My friend one time had a rash all over her arms. I had no idea what it was and told her to go to urgent care. She got a steroid for it (dose pack), which i expected. She took it and it didnt help. She asked me for tea tree oil because she became a google dr and decided thats what she needed lol.

Anyway, i mixed it in jojoba oil because i knew that if i gave her pure eo, she would just slather it all over in desperation lol. A couple days later it was gone/going away. I dont know if the steroids kicked in or if it was the tea tree…or even the jojoba, but i would never tell someone that i had a magic potion for their mysterious rash and tell them to stop their docs recommendation.

There are no essential oils that should be used neat (undiluted). Even lavender EO, once believed to be perfectly safe for use in undiluted form, has triggered severe allergic reactions when used undiluted on skin. While the neat use of lavender and a few other EOs might have been common in the past, times have changed. Reputable, current sources of information about EOs do not recommend this -- all EOs should be diluted for use on the skin.

Laurel berry (fruit) oil is a known skin sensitizer and its use is prohibited in the EU and Canada. Several thousand dermatitis patients were tested in Germany in the 1950s and 60s. Laurel berry oil triggered allergic dermatitis in 3% to 7% of those people. The authors also write "...Laurel oil skin allergy reached almost epidemic proportions in the mid 20th century and it's use has declined considerably since then...." and they follow up with further discussion about widespread problems from using laurel berry oil. Source for all info: Tisserand and Young, Essential Oil Safety, second edition, pg 322-323.

The "creme" formulation described in the first post does not use a preservative and it will grow microbes. It doesn't make any medical sense to anoint irritated skin with a concoction laden with bacteria and/or fungi.

Never had I thought such concoction would meet such stiff resistance. Me mom and gf tried the same thing for all types of itchy skin issues and never had one problem. The discussion seems to want to go on forever so I’ll pick up my toys and go home

Awww no. This should be a learning experience for you. Dont take it as bashing. You opened a conversation and got responses. You posted what you made and got a lot of experienced insight (was waiting/hoping) for @DeeAnna to jump in…

The thing i love about members here is the stern, sometimes unexpected answers that make you learn, not fluffed up “🥰🥰🥰 good job!”

If it works for you and your family, by all means keep using it.

I also am not sure if you put essential oil in your recipe or just laurel berry oil.

I hope you stay in the conversation. I know it can feel like you are getting the short end of the deal, but, I saw different views - which I thought you were asking for. Some were to make sure you were cautious, some were to try to better understand what you were saying, and some brought up aspects that I never even thought of. I found it informative, and hope you reconsider and take it in a more positive light. Step back for a day or two, then come back. If nothing else, let us know what you did, and if they try it, what the result was.

I gave the lady the option to try or not as it doesn’t bother me either way. She chose to try it. I’ll report in a few. I tested the same mix on another athletes foot problem of a skin crack. So far it’s healing quite nicely.
there are several reasons to why I took my toys home. I think it’s typical forum stuff along with misreading and misunderstanding that I’m tired of dealing with in a forum. I’ll continue to make handcrafted things but not bring them up on a public forum. I once brought up a 5.56mm load I made with excellent results then posted on a reloading forum. Boy did that not go over. Reason why was people got 5.56 snd .223 confused. The difference is the 5.56 chamber can take more powder/pressure than the .223. I had also permed Hbn into the copper jacketed bullets to reduce drag and friction so I could increase the load a few tenths of a grain. Needless to say the load got scrapped even though it worked fine in my rifles. Same with the e liquid forum. Have a few updates to do on posts but I’m about done.

@Justcallmewillie, I hear what you are saying. Personally, I either tend to be long winded or too brief. I am almost always misunderstood. As a consequence, I tend not to put myself out there. Your willingness to put it out there helped me grow. If nothing else, I felt I had to step off the sidelines and say something. For that, I thank you. Craftmakr

First update. Lady said the stuff was applied at night and noticeable improvement next day. No more itching and scratching and said the area looks a lot better. The goal here was to reduce or stop the itching, which turns to scratching then bleeding, soothe the skin and protect with a little of the wax.

Latest posts

Back