Creepy skin ....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wear sunscreen and celebrate the crepe.

I celebrate the crepe and stay away from the sunscreen. My optometrist recommended I avoid sunscreen anywhere near my face as there's one ingredient in them that is also in one of the drops they use to dilate the pupils. I had a pretty strong reaction to those drops which led her to believe I'm allergic to that ingredient.

I know so many people talk about how wise it is to wear sunscreen, and I don't disagree. But, I hate wearing sunscreen! When I was young, it didn't bother me so much. Mom made me wear it, just like my DIL makes my granddaughter wear it. And my auntie, Mom's sister, who sunbathed to obtain a bronze hue, had skin like leather, so I did what Mom said. I even wore it when I was in my 20's & 30's & 40's without outside pressure, just based on the experience of my youth. And when my granddaughter & I went to the beach I wore it, to set a good example. But now, and for a couple of decades now, I just hate to wear it and haven't done for quite a long time.

I don't spend as much time in the sun as in my youth, but do manage to get a tan (inadvertently, since that is not really my goal when I am outdoors), and occasionally a tad small sunburn. My skin is not like leather and I don't have any indications of skin cancer. The sunburns I do get once in the rare while do tend to be minor and for the most part I can avoid them with sufficient clothing cover.

I am old and I can choose for myself at this point. I like being old enough that it doesn't really matter much to me any more.

I feel the same I hate sunscreen. I never liked the beach. ( for other reasons of course) Sand sticks to you.. LOL
but these days my lil 12 year old Loves the Beach and water.. My skin cannot stand the sun. even whilst driving with AC on the sun burn my legs.. My husband like no that not good your are very sensative to the sun. as a child I would peal ( shoulder, ears, nose thighs.. SMH) no i just Hate it .. Love the summer just not that SUN

I know so many people talk about how wise it is to wear sunscreen, and I don't disagree. But, I hate wearing sunscreen! When I was young, it didn't bother me so much. Mom made me wear it, just like my DIL makes my granddaughter wear it. And my auntie, Mom's sister, who sunbathed to obtain a bronze hue, had skin like leather, so I did what Mom said. I even wore it when I was in my 20's & 30's & 40's without outside pressure, just based on the experience of my youth. And when my granddaughter & I went to the beach I wore it, to set a good example. But now, and for a couple of decades now, I just hate to wear it and haven't done for quite a long time.

I don't spend as much time in the sun as in my youth, but do manage to get a tan (inadvertently, since that is not really my goal when I am outdoors), and occasionally a tad small sunburn. My skin is not like leather and I don't have any indications of skin cancer. The sunburns I do get once in the rare while do tend to be minor and for the most part I can avoid them with sufficient clothing cover.

I am old and I can choose for myself at this point. I like being old enough that it doesn't really matter much to me any more.

I am 75% American Indian and my face at 48 is totally line free. The rest of me....ugh...not so much. I was Hawaiian Tropic model back in the day and I think all the sun did me in. My arms look all lined. My dr said drink alot more water. It actually seems to work.

Back