Creative soap molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade

Reaction score
What are some of your favorite items to use as molds? I'm not talking about actual mold, but the things you find around the house to use as molds. What have you found that works well? I've used everything from pringles cans, ikea ice cube trays and drawer organizers.

I made a batch of banana cream pie scented soap once and thought it would be clever to use a pie tin as a mold and then cut them up into slices. I don't know what i did wrong, but the soap didn't work out as planned and the scent didn't smell right and I gave up on the idea. Maybe someday I'll take another shot at it.

I like to use cardboard milk containers. I like that i can just tear them off when i'm done and throw them away.

I've used anything and everything from ice cube trays, old candle containers, coffee mugs, milk cartens to pipes, tubes, boxes and anything else lying around the yard or garage.

copper said:
I've used anything and everything from ice cube trays, old candle containers, coffee mugs, milk cartens to pipes, tubes, boxes and anything else lying around the yard or garage.

I like the idea of using ice cube trays. I think that would be great
for handing out samples of your soaps.

I once did a pie soap. I made brown soap for the crust, then I made a dark red opaque m&P soap and used a mellon baller to scoop out red rounds (cherries) and then used a red translucent M&P, poured it into the brown pie crust and threw in the cherries as it was cooling and put some fluffy white soap on top for whipped cream topping. It was okay ... got lots of attention.

I love using drawer organizer trays but the only problem is it makes small circles on the tops of the soap. So far I've sold a few and no one has complained.

Colleen said:
I once did a pie soap. I made brown soap for the crust, then I made a dark red opaque m&P soap and used a mellon baller to scoop out red rounds (cherries) and then used a red translucent M&P, poured it into the brown pie crust and threw in the cherries as it was cooling and put some fluffy white soap on top for whipped cream topping. It was okay ... got lots of attention.

That sounds really neat!

So far I've only tried different containers of pudding, jello & yogurt. Just today I noticed that the 12 (?) pack of batteries could look neat, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Latest posts

Back