Creative furniture painting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowflower

Reaction score
I recently came into ownership of a bunch of old funriture - my sister (a collector of yard sale crap just married a rich man with lots of money and nice furniture) so she gave me a bunch of her old stuff she didn't need anymore. Most of it is simply wood furniture - night stands, bar stools, coffee tables, shelves, etc. I thought it would be fun to paint them/decorate them up all cute and turn them into something nice. Any creative ideas?

Tabitha said:
I painted a chest of drawers to look like a fish tank once.

Cute idea!!! Do you still have it? If so, take a picture and post it. I'd love to see it. :)

This site has some fun ideas:

http://www.yourpaintedfurniture.com/

soho_dresser.jpg

flight.jpg

joie.jpg

cock1.jpg

My mom has got it in her guest room.

I painted a pair of bar stools to look like cow spots once too.

I had a coffee table I got at a yard sale once that i turned into a tiki table. I covered the top with skinny bamboo poles and then glued a grass skirt around the edges to cover the legs and cut off the extra. I glued little sea shells around the edge of the table top.

I had a coffee table once that i covered with random thrift store buttons.

Those pieces of painted furniture are pretty wild!

My wife "shabby chics" alot of furniture, she recently painted a set of old wooden painters step ladders and they look really good as a set of informal shelves for pictures, candles etc.

margi said:
I had a coffee table I got at a yard sale once that i turned into a tiki table. I covered the top with skinny bamboo poles and then glued a grass skirt around the edges to cover the legs and cut off the extra. I glued little sea shells around the edge of the table top.

That sounds good!

Irena

Latest posts

Back