Creamy texture of HP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happysoap

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve a smooth and creamy texture of HP soaps? I am looking to avoid the rustic look of HP and to achieve as close to CP as possible. Any thoughts?

I use a 3.5:1 water to lye ratio and sodium lactate to get a more fluid HP. I don't think it is possible to achieve complete fluidness like CP because the texture will always be thicker. This was one of my latest batches HP'ed following this method. The swirls are not as defined in what you will see in CP but it doesn't look to rustic in my opinion. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1388895972.263268.jpg

What Grayce said is correct. Sorry for the confusion. I know it is not the proper UOM when making soap but I use 1tsp PPO of SL.

Wow! Good job with the soaps! Nice texture. So there is hope for me after all! I will try your method. I am not concerned with swirls cuz my soaps are all one colour anyway.

I add the SL after the cook and just before I'm ready to pour. It really does help give a more creamy consistency without lumps, or at least far fewer lumps.

Wow! That is what I wish to achieve. I tried it today but I ended up with my previous results. I do not have SL on hand. Are there any substitutes for SL?

This will work with up to about 2 1/2 lb. I make this size for a particular mold but I have made larger. Make sure you have at least the same or more % of liquid oil and that your pot is large enough. They r both very smooth soaps but the colour makes them look mottled. Add 1 oz water and have fun!

Back