Crazy Bubble Soap Recipe-The sequel

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet-Suds

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to soap making and I've been trying to make my first recipe. (I've made cold process soap before just haven't designed my own recipe) I made a post a couple of months back asking about my first draft for a recipe and I made some edits to it and now I have this new and improved version. I kept everyone's comments in mind and I'm ready to receive some new critique! Note: I'm set on making a vegan soap that's extremely bubbly and can take well to detailed molds. This is what I have so far!
This is the link to the original post I made with the first recipe. Crazy Bubble Recipe Feedback?
1648244397405.png

Attachments

• 1648244377417.png
    1648244377417.png
    24.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi there,

That recipe will be very bubbly for sure, but also very "cleansing" (think stripping and drying to the skin). Notice that your cleansing value is way above the recommended range. Most of us here on SMF keep cleansing down below the recommended range, because all soap cleans your skin, even if the cleansing number is 0.

Babassu is an expensive oil to use in soap, and is so close to coconut oil that it's probably not worth the extra expense. Also, you can dissolve some sugar in your batch water to increase bubbles, so you don't need to use as much of the bubbly oils (coconut, babassu) that are so stripping to the skin.

This bar also won't be very long-lasting without some harder fats like soy wax and cocoa butter. For a long-lasting, vegan bar that has good bubbles, I recommend that you search the threads for @KiwiMoose's soy wax bars.

Last edited:
In addition to what @AliOop has stated - your soap will only last about two days in the shower because there is nothing in there to help with longevity. If you add your palmitic and stearic values together you want to aim for a value of at least 30 if you want soap that lasts a bit longer. Hardness does not equal longevity - the bubblier a soap is, the quicker it dissipates.

Latest posts

Back