Quantcast

Craftybase vs. SoapMaker3

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

heartofnebraska

Reaction score
I am desperately searching for a way to be more organized and am down to getting a software to help. Both Craftybase and Soapmaker 3 come highly suggested in different groups I'm apart of. Can anyone having experience with either one give me a pro and con?

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use SM3 (Soapmaker 3), while I have heard of Craftybase I've never looked into it so I can't give you a direct comparison. Although I think Craftybase is a monthly subscription, whereas SM3 is a one time buy and when they make updates they email you to install the new update.

I like SM3 for raw goods inventory control, pricing cost of goods (COG), storing recipes and batches made. I don't like their sales function, so I don't use that. [I manually transfer the batch number, batch cost and quantity made per batch into a separate spreadsheet and track sales that way to use for cost of goods sold for tax purposes, in case you were curious.] I don't know if you are looking for hobbyist or selling purposes, I sell so my review is based on that. Setup [inputing inventory and creating recipes, blends, etc] can be a bit cumbersome at first, and sometimes if I haven't created a blend in a while I have to look up how to do it. They have a fairly comprehensive How To doc that I recommend reading through. I would be lost without SM3 as it tracks cure time for me. It also has nice planning features that will create a shopping list, tell me how much I need to order to make a planned product (or if I'm doing a big run of several recipes it will let me know if I'm short anything and I can do one order). I can also check to see where I bought a raw good last time I ordered and how much I paid for it. For cost of goods it takes into account shipping/taxes so there's no unaccounted for costs when I'm figuring out my retail prices.

heartofnebraska

Reaction score
amd... your tag line is hilarious... and accurately describes me... thanks for your input. I also sell and have done a variety of Excel forms which are becoming burdonsome. Looking forward to having it all in one place.

Latest posts