Craft weekend - whatchya doing?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
It's been YEARS since I've seen a "what's in your pot" type of post here on the forum, so I thought I'd revive it...

What is everyone up to this weekend - I love hearing about others' projects. I didn't know where to put this, so I threw it in the General section. :)

This weekend I have several projects planned however, execution of those plans will depend on the weather. If it's as nice as they say it's supposed to be I may be outside all weekend! LOL

So here's what I have planned -
My St. Patrick's Day soap - yeah, WAY behind the 8-ball on this one, however, they will be for me, and any I don't use in the next several months I can keep for craft shows next year. :)

Dante's Inferno - a jet black soap with a blood red swirl, scented in a mix of Dragon's Blood and Smoke 'n Mirrors.

Palm wax containers made in an ocean scent in a seashell container.

Palm wax pillars to test wicks.

Doesn't sound like much, but it'll keep me busy for sure.

What is everyone else doing?? I'd love to hear!

Is this similar to the "what soapy thing have you done today" thread? or do you have a different expectation for answers than what gets posted there? (sorry if I'm all confused... it's been a very long week and I just sent my husband an email telling him he is in charge of dinner and the children tonight because I am locking myself in the office with coffee and chocolate.)

Is this similar to the "what soapy thing have you done today" thread? or do you have a different expectation for answers than what gets posted there? (sorry if I'm all confused... it's been a very long week and I just sent my husband an email telling him he is in charge of dinner and the children tonight because I am locking myself in the office with coffee and chocolate.)
Sort of, but I think that one is more about what you have done, and not what you have planned to do.
Also this one is about all crafts you may be doing, not just soap.
If it's too similar this post can be deleted.

Making sugar scrubs, roll on perfume special order and a couple soaps Saturday morning, watching my granddaughter Saturday night for a sleep over while my daughter takes my grandson to Monster Jam, then Sunday going to brunch and to play Drag Queen Bingo with two of my daughters and some friends. Full weekend ahead

I really should be organizing my spare room this weekend. It's looking like a hoarder lives here. Somehow, the things that were meant to be disposed of last year ended up back in there. That said, however, I'll probably end up making more soap. Because it's fun. And relaxing. And organizing a spare room isn't.

My sons are leaving for the spring break, so I have a busy weekend with no crafting :(

I may turn in a soap. But I do not have plans. I do need to finish a couple of drawings. I seriously need to get back to painting, I am dedicating all my free time to soaping .... yep. I am obsessed.

I am planning on making a white and green baby's breath soap. Shopping for a strawberry soap mold and looking for an answer to fo discoloring soap. There is an additive for mp soap that will keep some FO from discoloring but from what I have read it doesn't work well in cp.

I have a bunch of mosaic projects planned and should really get the last stuff ordered so I can cross that off the list. But it's so hard to get properly inspiered and when that finally happens you can't decide on a design, lol.

Last edited:
I am planning on making a white and green baby's breath soap. Shopping for a strawberry soap mold and looking for an answer to fo discoloring soap. There is an additive for mp soap that will keep some FO from discoloring but from what I have read it doesn't work well in cp.

I've been testing BCN's (Bittercreek North) Vanilla Stabilizer. However, I make CP so not sure it works in MP. Someone who uses it for that purpose will hopefully pipe in. It came highly recommended by a few other soap makers here and on another site who swear by it. So far so good, but I'm only 3 months into it. Made a Pink Sugar and Vanilla Champagne which both go medium brown normally and they are still the colors I made them.

You need a vanilla stabilizer. There is a good one for CP from BCN that will stave off discoloring for 9 months up to a year, or longer, depending on the discoloring agent. It works even when there is not vanilla in the soap because people tend to forget that vanilla is not the only scent that can/will discolor soap. I've had very good luck with it over the years.

Meant to add - I believe that BCN has one for M&P as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a very busy week of special school events so none of the soap or candles I wanted to make were made - hoping to at least make 2 loaves of salt bars and some lavender cp this weekend.

I'll have glitter cups on the turner for resin and I think I'll make one more batch of soap for my cons coming up at the end of April, they should be acceptable by then.

Thinking of buying an easel (they have a great sale at michal's) so no more excuses for not painting. Always just painted in my lap before. If that happens, continuing to reorganize the "craft" room (i.e. storage) so I can access my paint box easier, make some coconut oil vegan soap, and go find a shadowbox for another project....

I've been testing BCN's (Bittercreek North) Vanilla Stabilizer. However, I make CP so not sure it works in MP. Someone who uses it for that purpose will hopefully pipe in. It came highly recommended by a few other soap makers here and on another site who swear by it. So far so good, but I'm only 3 months into it. Made a Pink Sugar and Vanilla Champagne which both go medium brown normally and they are still the colors I made them.
Thanks I will look into it. I dont currently make mp just read about it in the description of the one I was looking at.

Well, I could not help myself, I did make soap. But I started a drawing and a little oil easy oil painting challenge.

Vanilla stabilizer works on MP. I have used it. I have the one from bramble berry.

Not sure I'm going to get anything I wanted done, done. I have cleaned my lab/basement, but Haven't had time to get anything else done due to real life rearing it's ugly head.
I'll try to do something tomorrow, but we'll see..

Back