I was planning on doing 'display' soaps...they will be fully sealed in shrink wrap with holes poked in the ends (I will have at least 3 or each so I can sanitize and rotate). The actual soap to be purchased will be wrapped in decorative waxed papers and be behind the table. For lotion bar testers, I have 2-oz deodorant tubes...like the display soap, I will have 3 of each that can be planned and sanitized.I've made the decision to pull out of the last two I signed up for before COVID. One in August is generally 250 vendors. After speaking with some of my doctors I just don't feel comfortable being enclosed in a tent with customers who usually pile in. I'm also not wanting to wear a mask for 8 hours for 2 days each in 80 plus weather. I already have breathing issues and wear a mask all day at work. I don't want people touching and smelling soap even though they are wrapped. If they won't refund or carry over my money I'll just eat it this year. I would hate to end up sick or someone else getting ill. Hopefully, it won't stop them from accepting me next year. I just don't think the time is right yet. So, for the first summer in a long time my daughter and I are going to take our two grandkids on a vacation renting a camper and traveling to the upper peninsula of Michigan. It's one of my favorite places and excited to take the grandkids to experience it too.
I don't know if it will be worth the effort or if we are even having holiday craft fairs, but soap doesn't go bad and I won't make the lotion bars or testers until it's time.