craft fair set up pix

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rubato456 said:
i have more soap to add.....i just haven't wrapped it yet.......do you think i can apply w/ the photos as is....or should i wait until i have all boxes full up....i am renting a table from them, which i think will be 6 ft. i just don't have one of these....

i would suggest waiting until the boxes are full. (i know lots of work!)

i really like the job you're doing. :D

I am lovin' the boxes tilted up!

I would also grab a sheet & a couple thumb tacks & make a backdrop behind everything. Covering the window and wall w/ a sheet will give it a studio feel.

We certainly are opinionated aren't we?

I like the random buttons too. Will that be your trademark so to speak?

I like the random buttons too. Will that be your trademark so to speak?

yes, i am fond of using random buttons and bits of ribbon.

I would also grab a sheet & a couple thumb tacks & make a backdrop behind everything. Covering the window and wall w/ a sheet will give it a studio feel.

We certainly are opinionated aren't we?

i appreciate your feedback!!! i will do this and give it another shot.....i still have time to apply....

Deborah, don't forget the earlier suggestion to add some filler in the bottom of your boxes to make them look really full. If you did that now, you might not even need to add more soap.

Good luck,
zeo

I am late getting here , but you are doing a great job, I love your button wrapping idea .All the best wishes for being accepted and doing fantastic at the show.

Kitn

ok here's my latest set up....i spent the entire weekend fiendishly wrapping soaps and shopping for last minute things. i hope this looks somewhat pulled together enough..... to be accepted. should i go with the side shot or the front shot?

or this

thx for looking

*picks up jaw off the floor*

Dang Deborah! You look like a pro! I would definitely stop and check out your booth with that set up!

If you can only send one shot, I vote for the side shot. It has a less "anxious" feel about it. Like..."Hey, I'm a busy person but I'll be in your craft show if you want me to." hehe! Ok...maybe not quite THAT arrogant....but you get my drift?

But either shot is great. You can't go wrong with the front shot either!

zeo

x

:shock: THAT LOOKS TERRIFFIC!!! :D

my, my, what a difference! you look like a "pro!" best of luck at your crafts fairs. i know all our best wishes go with you! :D

thx so much everybody! if the table looks good, it's cuz i got so many great suggestions from y'all! i just scanned my application, and emailed it w/ photos ......i'll let you know the results.....fingers crossed,

i am very glad to report that i was accepted into the Heart of Texas Craft Show.......my happiness is quite diminished.....as my beloved cat, Cammie, of 12 years, suffered a massage stroke this morning and i had to have her put to sleep....she was the best cat ever. i have 2 others but she was my favorite. a sweet tortoiseshell w/ a tan spot on her face.....no one was a stranger to her very long....

I am so happy for you , that you were accepted , all your hard work paid off . I am sorry for your loss ..

Kitn

Deborah, the updated pix are AWESOME!! You got it now, girl! Looks great! I am so sorry about your little pal. :cry:

more products! more soap. I like the idea of elevating some things also.

Sorry to resurrect this older post, but wow, what a great series of pics showing the evolution of a craft fair display!!! Boy, I remember my first craft fair. I managed to sell some soap, but when I think back to what my table looked like....OMG! I remember looking around at other vendor's tables and thinking, holy crap, these people really know what they're doing! lol It reminds me of years ago, when I started making jewelry....a co-worker's wife had a retail store and offered to sell some of my pieces on consignment. She asked to see a few pieces first. I showed up at her store and started pulling baggies out of my purse, and untangling the necklaces from the bracelets and earrings. How embarrassing. She liked them, but wanted to see more before she committed to selling them. So I made sure that when I went back the second time, it was with a portfolio case, with my items neatly displayed. That initial embarrassment taught me that it's important to look professional. I had the same jewelry, but the difference from baggies to portfolio made all the difference in the world. It doesn't always take much, but the result can be huge.

The display in the first pic of this post is kind of lackluster.....it looks like someone who has made some nice products, but isn't sure about how to make the most out of what they have. The second pic shows definite improvement, and the difference between the first and last pic is amazing....from baggies to portfolio! First pic, amateur, last pic....professional! The soap is the same, but the perception is that here is someone who's got it together and knows what they're doing.....so their soap must be good. The OP got great advice, and followed it with great results. Any newbie to craft fairs could learn a valuable lesson here. How you project yourself and the items you're selling can make all the difference in the world. I was at a small craft fair once, with one other soaper. I had a customer come to my table and tell me that she had looked at the other vendor's soaps, but was buying from me because she liked my presentation better. Appearances shouldn't make a difference.....but we all know that they do.

Latest posts

Back