CPSR (UK) and additives... newbie very confused

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharon7009

Reaction score
Hi all, first post on any forum in my life so bear with any mistakes please.
I’ve received the paperwork to apply for CPSR and it seems very restrictive.
With regard to colour/scent do I need to use up each of my 6 variations with each change of colour or fragrance/eo? Can I just say colour as long as I use the same brand etc. I’m hoping to add other ingredients too
Thanks

Ok - basically you have a base recipe, in this instance your uncoloured unfragranced soap.

Each variation can be a different colour and/or fragrance.

So Var 1 Lavender FO and purple mica
Var 2 Apple and cinnamon FO and Green and pink mica

You have to specify a colour by its CI number and send copies of the MSDS sheets through to the assessor (unless it's a well known supplier then they usually already have the data sheets).

And yes it is restrictive :)

HTH

I am in the same boat just applied my first CPSR today however what I did was I emailed back and asked questions to directly to the CPSR team. Hope they return me in details.

Depending on who you used, think they are pretty backed up so might be delay in replying.

Thanks for warning. I am using Soap Kitchen, for any enquiry regarding sales and after sales support they are usually pretty fast and detailed replying emails. Hope it applies to CPSR too. Tbh that was the main reason I selected them.

Also I have 28 days and I think they will reply at most within next week so I won't lose much time.

I think SK CPSR are produced by Cosmetic Safety Assessments and I was told the other day that some of their assessments are taking 4-6 weeks, hopefully you get yours before then. It prob depends on staffing levels so who knows right now! 🙂

I think SK CPSR are produced by Cosmetic Safety Assessments and I was told the other day that some of their assessments are taking 4-6 weeks, hopefully you get yours before then. It prob depends on staffing levels so who knows right now! 🙂
The official info SK gives is 6 to 8 weeks. If it happens at 4 to 6 that is awesome

Gosh that's horrendous they used to only take a week - had one done once where I had a rush job, back in 24 hours!

Good luck!

Back