Cpop

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillybella

Reaction score
CPOP seems to be the answer to me if I want to use silicon molds & guarantee gel. Is this assumption true?

My concern is if I manage to do a decorative top on my soap loaf will it be ruined if I put the loaf in the oven to gel?

Arianne never seems to do anything special to gel but she achieves it!

Gelling can be affected by a whole host of factors. This week I made a soap with honey in my new (squee!!!) tall skinny mold, lined with bubblewrap for a honey comb pattern. That sucked DID NOT gel.

I regularly CPOP my silcone molds. I put them on a cookie sheet b/c I don't want the mold touching the oven rack.

You can get pretty reliable gel if you use full water and insulate. Cut the insulation and/or the full water and gel isn't assured--but the oven can help.

Water-discounted soap tends not to gel well for me even in the oven. Like Dixiedragon, even one of mine with plenty of honey but discounted water absolutely refused to gel at all. It's still going to be a good soap, it just didn't gel--not even partially.

Gelling can melt down a decorative top. For those, I think I'd try to avoid it or accept a partial gel.

Latest posts

Back