CPOP Question - When is it ready to sell?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandolyn

Reaction score
Ok, I have a craft fair in 2 weeks & I sold way more this week-end than I thought I would. My stock is a little low for this next fair.

I've only done CP, but am considering CPOP. That's IF it will be ready to sell in 2 weeks. What is the concensus?

Is CPOP truly mild enough to sell in 2 weeks, or should I really be doing HP?

CPOP is CP with the heat added to guarantee a gel...it does not accelerate the curing time. It still takes a minimum of 4 weeks for CPOP to be ready...HP will be your safest bet.

I understood that CPOP is like HP, because you're cooking it for 2 hrs at gel-stage temps, but you're doing it in the mold. It's other name is ITMHP (in the mold hot process.) If that's correct, then it would be as cured as HP, right?

HP is best off if it gets a 4 week cure as well. It too gets milder (IME) and harder and lathers better, just like my CP.

I'd chose the method that makes the nicest soap, discount the water a bit more if you do CP, and cross your fingers.

I would just do hot process honestly. I have tried the cpop and for some reason it is never as mild as my hp is right away. You can make a bunch of batches and just let them set the entire 2 weeks before the craft fair. They will be nice bars by then! GL!

I do CPOP and CPHP and my CPHP soaps are ready well before the CPOP. The CPOP really does need the four weeks to come into its own.

Thanks for replying everyone! I might give HP a try. I haven't done HP before, but I have all the tutorials & pics, so I should be able to do it.

With HP, do I really use 1/2 the amount of scent I normally use in CP?

I just did my first batch of HP a couple nights ago, and I only used 1/2 the amount of fragrance I've been using for CP. Of course, it's only been two days since cutting, but the scent seems to be great so far. I think I did wait a minute or two longer than I should have before plopping into the mold, but it's not bad for a first attempt I guess. The bars cut from the ends look a little worse for wear, but the remainder is definitely in sellable condition. LOL. Gonna make another HP batch tonight. :D

Latest posts

Back