CPOP Gone Wrong...now what?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
About a month ago I tried making some CPOP(there is a thread on these forums somewhere). I ended up rebatching it, and ended up with a pasty textured soap. I went ahead and molded and eventually cut it. I have waited a month. It is still really pasty consistency. Now what? Can I do anything with this other than chalking it up as a learning experience?

I don't really like the snot consistency of bar to liquid recipes, so I would toss it out if that is the only option. I was thinking more along the lines of cut it up fine and use it in rebatch or something.

Any ideas welcomed.

How much water to soap did you use? Its possible it simply needs to dry longer. Did you add any extra oil to it? You can chop it into different sized pieces and make confetti soap.

I added 2 oz water(1 tablespoon at the time) to it with no extra oils. It had an oil slick on top of it when I pulled it out of the oven. And did not reabsorb over the following week. Hence the rebatch.

I was hoping someone would say I could use it to make another soap. I was just not sure. Thank you very much!

Sure you can shred the soap and add it to another batch. You could even rebatch it again. Try whipping it with a hand mixer when it's melted. It will lighten up and the texture will change. Then remold it. You might end up with some fabulous soap!

Latest posts

Back