CPOP French green clay with indigo embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
Moving on from the indigo journey, I made a soap this weekend using French green clay. I also tried a new recipe that added palm and hemp oil to the basic olive, coconut and castor oils.

I used 2 tsp per pound of soap of the French green clay per SMR website, mixed in a little water stolen from before the lye was added, and then combined with the batter.

This was my first try at embedding, to keep it simple I just cut long rectangles from a bar of 2 week old blue soap that were square on the ends. From suggestions in this forum I rinsed a little water over the sticks to soften them a bit before putting them in the mold with the batter.

Because our previous CPOP of 2 hours in a 170 deg oven seemed to hot, this time I just put the loaf in a 170 deg oven and then turned the oven off. Id read somewhere here that CPOP helps with embeds and I was worried about these because they weren't very new soap and had already cured.

Overall I think it went well. I would like cleaner lines on the embeds - not sure how though. I do like the gelled green color - I think the hemp made it more avocado-y - and how the top looks like brains :p The scent is tangerine 5x, eucalyptus and litsea cubeba, and it smells fresh.

My phone camera seems to exaggerate the spots - I don't remember them being this noticeable.

unmolded.JPG

cut 1.JPG

Fun looking soap! I have only done embedding once, but your soap inspires me to try again!
Cheers!
Anna Marie

{trots off to watch the video and see how the big kids do it}
What a great video!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUt046yyW8o[/ame]
I was worried about little cubes clumping into a wad and wasn't sure how to incorporate them. Ill try this way next time, it makes a fun pattern the way she did it.

Last edited:
I have sticks cut just like this in a paper bag just waiting for me to play with them. Thanks for showing what it will actually look like. This will be my next soap ... your's look very fun.

Latest posts

Back