CPLS colour stages

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, i am a cold process soap maker but not too much expert...i have made a batch of 80kg coconut oil olive oil palmitic acid and stearic acid plus ethanol the colour at the beginning of the saponification was yellowish which i wanted but at the end the colour changes to greenish which i don't wanted.. can any one explain whats the issue ...2ndly how much minimum time required for a soap to cook completely, usually i dilute after 2 days my soap is clear but not shiny brittle clear...its just clear soap
IMG-20220624-WA0016.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG-20220624-WA0011.jpeg
    IMG-20220624-WA0011.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 0
I don't know what caused your color change, but the green looks very nice to me.

When I make CPLS, I mix it to a hard trace, cover it, and let it sit at least overnight (12+ hours). It has always been fully saponified by that time. However, I've never made a batch as large as yours, so it's probably good that you let it sit for two days.

Hopefully someone else can come along and help you with the rest of your questions.

I don't know what caused your color change, but the green looks very nice to me.

When I make CPLS, I mix it to a hard trace, cover it, and let it sit at least overnight (12+ hours). It has always been fully saponified by that time. However, I've never made a batch as large as yours, so it's probably good that you let it sit for two days.

Hopefully someone else can come along and help you with the rest of your questions.
Thanks for your prompt response
I guessed it might be due to olive oil i used about 30 kg in total 100kg of soap...next batch i ll try will small quantity... One more thing after dilution my soap is just clear not shiny clear...is there any ingredient that can make soap shine and looking like oily not looking like water?
If you have any experience please share..will be appreciated

Yes, if you used a very green olive oil, that will definitely affect the color of your soap.

Unfortunately, I don't know if anything specific to help with the shininess, other than possibly waiting a few days for the soap to become clearer. That typically happens with all of my liquid soaps as they sequester for a bit.

Latest posts

Back