CPLS : Blending at Dilution

Discussion in 'Liquid Soap and Cream Soap Forum' started by Lankan, Feb 17, 2020.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Feb 17, 2020 #1

Lankan

Lankan

Lankan

Hi, I've been making CPLS for some time. Although I have a basic recipe I do change it slightly every time to see how the new ingredient behaves. Every time I would end up making an oil blend and the lye solution as recommended by a soap calc. Every time when I wanted to try a new ingredient I literally had to do a new batch. I was thinking of the possibilities of simplifying this process.

This got me to thinking about making CPLS using individual oils without making precisely measured oil blend, of course, I will have to keep the water content as a constant % across all the oils. Once I have these individual soap pastes I would be able to try and dilute at different ratios, even introduce new soap pastes made using the new oils.

Anyone already doing this, any potential challenges (before I attempt something like this)?

Zany_in_CO likes this.
  2. Feb 17, 2020 #2

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

I made single oil LS paste when I first started making LS, so I could blend them until I came up with what I liked. Then I could blend the oils to the percentages of the different single oil paste I decided I liked. It really worked out well for me.

3. Feb 18, 2020 #3

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier

Good thinking! This thread may help guide you:

WHAT TO EXPECT FROM VARIOUS OILS IN LS
    https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/what-to-expect-from-various-oils-in-ls.62864/

I use 100% coconut oil for laundry, foamers, and Orange Cleaner & Degreaser Spray. CO has the ability to produce denser more stable lather and is not drying at all, in my experience. It's quick to trace (12-15 minutes) and cook vs. 100% olive oil which takes longer to trace (45 minutes) and cook (NOTE: I use Carrie's GLS for castile LS -- takes all of two minutes to become soap!)
    (Caution: Not for beginners. The glycerin gets uber hot and scorches easily if you don't know what to watch for.)
    I've made 100% sweet almond oil and was pleasantly blown away by what a nice shampoo it made.
    Lard & tallow produce opaque LS with a pearlescent look for about 6 months when it clears (my experience).
    My friends & family favorite Hair & Body Shampoo is 50/50 Lard & PKO

HTH and HAVE FUN! Wave.gif

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Lankan likes this.
  4. Feb 19, 2020 #4

Lankan

Lankan

Lankan

Thanks. the link provided is much helpful.

Zany_in_CO likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted