CPHP for scrubby soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarvel

Reaction score
Anyone make scrubby soap the CPHP way?? I need to add cornmeal and coffee grinds and fine pumice to the soap oils. I have made it the CP way and they turn out great.

Wanted to try the CPHP way or if it is possible. Thanks.

I can't speak for mommycarlson, but using both would make for one very painful, scratchy soap.....at least for me anyway. Ouch!

IrishLass :)

This is a hand scrubby soap. I use cornmeal, coffee grinds and a fine pumice. Scent it with Bergamot Coriander. My customers love it! I have a short order for 7 bars and was wondering if I could CPHP this recipe.

Just wondering why are you so interested in doing crock pot hot process?

This method still requires a 4-6 week cure.

I can't speak for mommycarlson, but using both would make for one very painful, scratchy soap.....at least for me anyway. Ouch!

Actually it is not abrasive at all. Alot less scratchy than the old "Lava" hand soap. haha My customers that work in their gardens, garages or outdoors love this scrubby soap.

Actually it is not abrasive at all. Alot less scratchy than the old "Lava" hand soap. haha My customers that work in their gardens, garages or outdoors love this scrubby soap.

You'll have to excuse my squirmishness, for I'm such a baby when it comes to adding scrubby things to my soap, even though it'll only be used for my hands. It's like something out of the 'Princess and the Pea' fairy tale. :lol:

I used to use coffee grounds in my kitchen hand soap, but then switched over to using fine pumice, which I like so much better. It has just enough scrubbiness to get the job done without causing me any discomfort. Even though I had ground up the coffee to a fine consistency in my coffee grinder beforehand, they were still too ouchy for me in my soap.

Same thing when it comes to adding oatmeal to my soap- I just can't grind it up fine enough for it to not be too uncomfortable for me, and so I use the boxed, dry baby-food oatmeal instead, which works great for the likes of me.

Back