CP with MP embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redhead, that is what I'm worried about. I'm concerned that the MP is harder than the CP, so when I go to cut it, the MP will pull down through the CP. I've seen it on YouTube so I know it can be done, but at this point I am waiting until my CP is harder before I cut it. I'm thinking 48 hours instead of my usual 24 but I'll see how hard it is at 24 and go from there. I just have a hard time waiting, I'm very impatient when it comes to cutting my soap :)

Fair warning, once when i did not gel and used full water a soap in my 2.5 lb loaf took FIVE days to be ready to cut! Don't rush it, let the soap tell you when its ready. A wet or hot knife might help with the cuts. Cutting sideways might help.

Thanks Seawolfe. I used a 33% lye concentration so not full water. I'm sitting on my hands waiting to cut it. it's been 24 hours now but I am thinking I need to wait at least another 12. It's gonna be so hard to wait! it feels pretty firm but those MP nuggets are pretty hard I know. I have a multi bar cutter that DH made me, the cutters are cheese cutting wire, so that might help. What signs do you suggest for knowing when it's ready to cut? It's out of the mold, I was hoping that would help it "dry out" so to speak.

I finally cut the soap this morning. In hindsight, I should have cut it at 24 hours instead of 30 ish. :) I had to actually put my cutter on the floor and stand on it to get it through the soap! And it was hard to get it through even then. The difficult cutting left bad drag lines, so after I cut it I took a damp washcloth and smoothed it out, then used a dry towel and buffed it. It actually turned out exactly like I wanted, there are no issues so far, with the MP separating from the CP, but we shall see as it cures.

IMG_20161215_053652393_HDR.jpg

They turned out awesome!!! You are brave, I don't think I would have tried my wire cutter on that. They aren't made for MP. Glad it worked for you though.

Well, my husband wasn't too happy when I told him I had to stand on it to get it through the soap OOOPS! it's done now and we will probably have to tighten the wires....it's one my hubby made me so not a high dollar model :) Thanks for the compliments!

Latest posts

Back