Cp v hp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
CP V HP what is your way?
Cure time for both 4-6 weeks?
Liquid or bar castile soap?
Ya I'm new
But I take a ribbing real well

Cure is the same or even a bit longer with HP since they tend to have more water. Most of my recipes cure for 6 weeks unless it's a salt bar (several months) or castille (1 year). I haven't played with liquid soap yet, but I think liquid is just used for different thing than bar soap... regardless of castille or not.

CP for me, I don't like the looks of HP. I do enjoy making HP though so if I do make it, I choose a soap that will be ok looking rustic.

Minimum of 6 weeks cure, salt bars at least 4 months.

No castile either way, I don't like the stuff. Liquid is better if I had to choose.

I'm a CP girl who only does HP when I'm dealing with a real ornery FO that doesn't take kindly to CP, or when I'm making hubby's shave soap which contains a lot of stearic acid (which also doesn't take kindly to CP).

Re: cure: The least amount of cure-time for me is 4 weeks for CP, but longer is always better, of course- especially for Castile's (anytime after 3 months cure is good enough for me with my Castile's). I like to cure my HP soaps a little longer than CP because of the excess water- probably 6 weeks at the least.

Re: Castile's: I've never made or used a 100% liquid Castile soap, but I do make a Castile-type liquid soap with 65% OO in it, which I like a lot for hand-washing at the sink. I don't like showering with liquid soap, by the way- I prefer bars in the shower. The bar-type of Castile is an acquired taste. People either love them or hate them. I only like using my bar Castile in the shower if I have a nylon pouf handy. If there's no pouf- I don't use the Castile. They have really slimy, snotty, sparse lather without a pouf. But with a pouf, the lather is awesome.

IrishLass :)

CP for me..me and HP dont work well together.

Min cure is 4 weeks, but if I have time I prefer to wait 8-12 weeks...the longer the better actually...1 year cure is heavenly :)

I dont do Castile..just not for me.

Haven't tried liquid soaps yet, so its bar all the way for now.

Another CP girl here. HP Shave Soap though. I too don't make castile anymore (I have some I made a long time ago). I prefer bastille. I too cure at least 4 weeks for CP but prefer 6-8. HP 6-8 weeks. Salt Bars 3 months or longer.

Back