CP Soap Recipe.. HELP!?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchad21ut

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
im a newbie, following all the newbie recipes to start, and I've been trying and trying to come up with my own little rendition of a recipe i came across, and i am worried sick that i have done something wrong.. I pre-ordered my supplies, stupidly, before asking for help, so now Im stuck with what i ordered, and hopefully, the recipe will work..

Could everyone please take a look at this recipe, and let me know if A. I did everything right, and, B. any suggestions? they would be GREATLY appreciated!

I have some other ingredients as well, that I will list at the bottom that may help save my recipe, but again, any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Palm Oil: 20%
Pomace Olive Oil: 33%
Coconut Oil (76degree): 33%
Jojoba Oil: 7%
Shea Butter: 7%

Water: 16.16 oz.
Lye: 4.47 oz.
with a 5% discount

I also have some Castor oil, Beeswax, and a little bit of Palm Kernal flakes sitting around with nothing to do as well.. i don't necessarily plan to use any of them, maybe the castor oil as a superfat (like .8 oz, or so..), but if it would make a better soap, I'm not opposed to using them...

soap recipe

hi there!

i think you're on the right track. my suggestion would be to hand stir this recipe and watch it carefully. some pomace oils are solvent extracted and may accelerate the trace, give you a false trace or sit there and refuse to trace for a long time. i would make a small batch first to see what happens.

when you use up your pomace oil, i'd suggest using a-grade olive oil. if you are buying at a grocery store get the one that say olive oil-not virgin or extra virgin. the cheap stuff on the lower shelves. walmart carries it in 1 gallon cans.

p.s. adding 1/2 tsp powdered sugar per pound of oil gives you more bubbles and lather. add it directly into you oils before adding lye soloution.

good luck!

monet

Thanks Heart!

I'm kind of embarrassed actually, Embarassedi knew to get the regular olive oil, but i ended up picking up the pomace by mistake at the restaurant supply store, and didn't know it until I poured it in with my lye, thus not being able to take it back.. ahhhh! Shocked oh well, i guess sometimes you just have to work with what you got for now....

Also, i was doing a little research just now, and found lots of info on Palm Oil, and it contributing to deforestation(s), and call me a tree-hugger i guess, but I can't feel great about that. HA! Rolling Eyes

back to square one it is for me, i guess!
Embarassed Laughing

The only thing I would change is bring down your Coconut Oil. What you have is really high. I never use more than 25% and I split it 15% CCO and 10% PKO...

Back