CP soap help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DramaQueen

Reaction score
Hey, so I have made a few CP soaps and I now an going to try using oat milk instead of water. I was wondering how long a normal cp soap will last, how long a cp soap with milk( any kind) will last, and what happens to the shelf life if you put actual food in it. For ex. if I sprinkled oats on the top of my soap, would that make it go bad faster? Or if I added a puree of something( strawberrys or cucumber) to a soap, would that affect its shelf life? Thanks for the help!

I have used regular milk and have used pureed cucumber in my soap with good results. They kept very well. Just remember to make an adjustment to the liquid when using pureed cucumber. I don't think sprinkling oats on top of the soap will affect it unless it attracts bugs or mice.:)

Thanks! How long do they last in general? And how do you store them to last that long? I am also thinking of mixing coffee grounds into my soap because it is very good for your skin. Has anyone ever done that? Thanks again for your help!

Thanks! How long do they last in general? And how do you store them to last that long? I am also thinking of mixing coffee grounds into my soap because it is very good for your skin. Has anyone ever done that? Thanks again for your help!
Not sure who you're asking. My soaps last a few weeks. It's hard to give an answer because I have them by every sink and shower and have 2 adults in the house. The oats on the top and bottom come off on the first use.
I use coffee grounds -- and brewed coffee -- in my gardeners/mechanics soap. I'm likely on the high end but use 1.25 Tbsp per pound of oil -- and also include shredded loofah and poppy seeds.

Not sure who you're asking. My soaps last a few weeks. It's hard to give an answer because I have them by every sink and shower and have 2 adults in the house. The oats on the top and bottom come off on the first use.
I use coffee grounds -- and brewed coffee -- in my gardeners/mechanics soap. I'm likely on the high end but use 1.25 Tbsp per pound of oil -- and also include shredded loofah and poppy seeds.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant how long do they stay good sitting on the shelf waiting to be used, but I just read that bc of the ph level of the soap, they basically never go bad.

I always use a milk of some type. Some of my soaps are over a year old and still good. Be careful sprinkling oat on top, they sometimes go moldy.

Latest posts

Back