Cp soap cupcakes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gill

Reaction score
Hello fellow soapers , I'm a newbie to this forum so please bare with me.
I would appreciate any advice on the best recipe for making cp soap frosting for soap cup cakes. I have tried many times before using the normal oils and now using just olive oil for the frosting. But need a slow trace to enable me to pipe comfortably. Any help would be appreciated . Would a higher super fat % work better?. Thanks.

I make my soap cupcakes using two batches, one for the base and one for the frosting. I made the base first and then the frosting. Here are the recipes:

Base (Here are the percentages as calculated with SoapMaker 3 Pro)
23.3% palm oil
26.7% coconut oil
4.9% Castor oil
38.9% Olive Oil
6.2% Rice Bran Oil (You can use all olive instead of using rice bran.)
Make the soap as usual and pour into silicone cupcake molds.

Now start making the frosting
61.5% Palm Oil
30.8% Coconut Oil
7.7% Olive Oil

For Frosting:
Dissolve lye in water and chill to 60*F in ice bath.
Melt palm oil and measure into a blow large enough to hold all the oils and lye water with room for mixing. Melt and measure the coconut oil and add it to the bowl. Add the olive oil. Allow oils to come to approximately 70*F or below. . Using mixer, whip the cooled coconut and plam oils, stopping the mixer periodically to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a spatula. With the mixer going on low speed, slowly and carefully add the cooled lye water to the whipped oils in small increments. Stop mixer periodically to scrap the bottom and sides of the bowl.
Once the lye is mixed in and the batter is fluffy again (10-15 min.), add the fragrance oil mixture., continue whipping on medium to high until the frosting is holding its shape.
Using spatula, scoop the frosting into the frosting bags. Hint, be sure to wear rubber gloves when working with and piping the frosting, that raw soap can eat right into your skin.

You might also try this tutorial:

http://www.soapqueen.com/?s=soap+cupcakes

I just use my regular recipe which is very high in lard (50%+) so I get a lot of time to work. Actually, waiting for my batter to hit a nice piping consistency takes forever. I do make sure to pick a well behaved FO.

My basic recipe:

Lard 55%
Castor 5%
Shea 5%
OO 20%
CO/PKO 15%

SF 6%-7%

ETA: I don't whip my frosting... I just wait until it holds a nice peak by itself.

Thank you for replying so quickly, I will give it another go, as I just love making these sweet cup cake soaps. Amongst our other range if 7 different types if CP soap.

Hello again, this might seem a strange question, but is it possible to whip just olive oil for soap frosting. ?

Hello again, this might seem a strange question, but is it possible to whip just olive oil for soap frosting. ?

Possible? Yes, but you will have a long wait before you could get it thick enough. Also you would have a very long wait before it would be sale-able. Pure olive oil soaps need a long cure time. (6 months is minimum 8 months is better. ) this is in addition to many people not liking the slimely feel of olive oil soap even after a good cure.

Palm oil and coconut oils are more solid so they will whip up better and faster than just olive oil.

Back