CP Soap Crust??? (HELP)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmeroro

Reaction score
Hello

This has happened to two of my recent batches... The log looks great but when its cut into bars the center of the bar is more transparent than the crust... or outer area which is opaque. I would say the center is bordering on transparent.

Sorry, I don't have my camera to show what I am trying to describe. I am turning on my oven to the lowest setting - making my batch and placing it into the oven (and turning it off). It is left to cool overnight.

Any ideas of what is causing this?

I think I know what you're talking about. I have this happen with my HP soap, but I have never found it to be problematic. I use a log mold too and it is especially obvious when I use a dark EO like patchouli or citrusses. I think it is caused by the soap in the center not being able to dry uniformaly. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to do something really strange.

La Oberhasli said:
I think I know what you're talking about. I have this happen with my HP soap, but I have never found it to be problematic. I use a log mold too and it is especially obvious when I use a dark EO like patchouli or citrusses. I think it is caused by the soap in the center not being able to dry uniformaly. I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to do something really strange.

Thanks... Well, I just made it last night - and have been told it is Partial Gel. Not quite what I intended, but still ok to use (I think). I am going to remake it in a while and insulate out of the oven to see if there is a difference.

:) Cheers!

It does sound like partial gel. It doesn't bother me if that happens. But I'm probably too lazy to rebatch.

Laurie

Latest posts

Back