CP recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballininthamix

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a fairly simple recipe that has a really good lather.

I usually use a recipe that contains mostly coconut oil, lard, and olive oil. Recently, my girlfriend complained that there wasn't enough lather. So, before she goes back to commercial cleansers from the store, does anyone have a good lathery/bubbly recipe that I could try out. Also, this may be tough, but I like a hard bar. Is there any way to combine the two?

Here is a recipe that works for me:

30% olive
25% coconut
25% palm
10% castor
10% avocado

This one has great big bubbles followed by lots of fluffy foam. Try it if you want!

ballininthamix said:
Hi everyone. I'm looking for a fairly simple recipe that has a really good lather.

I usually use a recipe that contains mostly coconut oil, lard, and olive oil. Recently, my girlfriend complained that there wasn't enough lather. So, before she goes back to commercial cleansers from the store, does anyone have a good lathery/bubbly recipe that I could try out. Also, this may be tough, but I like a hard bar. Is there any way to combine the two?

I like

2 oz Olive Oil
4 oz Coconut Oil
1 oz Sweet Almond Oil
1 oz Castor Oil
1 oz Cocoa Butter
7 oz Palm Oil

There is no reason why you can't achieve a hard bubbly bar with OO, Lard and Coconut. What percentages are you using?
Just plug your usual figures into soapcalc, and then adjust your oils depending on the qualities that you are after.

I've made recipes that were 40% olive oil, 30% coconut, 30% lard, as well as 40% lard, 30% coconut, and 30% olive oil. Both batches became rock hard and bubbled like crazy.

Lower the OO, up the CO, and superfat at 10%. Even 15%.
And tell her to use a pouf for bob's sake. EVERYTHING lathers better on a pouf.

Adding castor is going to help with bubbles. I also use oo, co, po, cocoa castor.

what is your recipe? put it in soap calc and play around w numbers to get bubbles, i like mine at 25-27.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions. I haven't actually made any soap in about 2 years(we're just now running out) so I don't remember the exact recipe. I have it written down somewhere. I'll have to play with it a little.

Is there such a thing as a soap calc where you can enter the desired property values and the oils used and have it calculate the amounts? Someone should get on that. :wink:

well, that would be cool
how bout this:
castor 3oz
co 9
lard 10
oo 10

hardness 41
cleansing 19
condition 54
bubbly 28
creamy 30 thats a nice bar of soap!

Your OO soap will get hard ... it will just take longer. For extra bubbles you can try extra coconut or castor oil like the others said.

Back