CP or HP...my final answer. What's yours?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In what form is your SL- is it powdered or in 60% solution?

IrishLass :)

Oh! I'm sorry! It's in a 60% solution. I have always gotten mine from BB. I didn't know it came in a powdered form.

I am glad you asked that. I dug it out of the cabinet, and now I'm wondering where it all went. I have about 1/10 of a 4 oz. bottle left, and I really don't remember using it all. Time to order more. Am I really that addicted? LOL. (Swear I had barely dug into that bottle....)

And thank you so much for helping me puzzle it over!

Also, Stacy, I've done it both in summer and winter, wondered if weather/locale/climate could be a factor, but short of packing up and moving states away, which we won't do until springish....but that sure would be nice if that fixes it! Or maybe it's just this old, old house.

My fella says when all else fails, blame it on the cat, but I usually blame stuff on him. :)

If this helps....when I HP with SL, my cook time is (if I remember right) roundabout 20 minutes. Without it, it is much, much longer, 30 minutes or better. It's like it cuts cook time in half.

Last edited:
Back