CP Liquid Soap "Disaster"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loralei

Reaction score
Hi all! Very new to this forum, and grateful that it exists; yesterday, I tried making a test batch of CP liquid soap paste - recipe is as follows:

Castor oil, 20% (3.2oz)
Coconut 76, 80% (12.8oz)
Distilled H2O, 12.9oz
KOH 90% 4.3oz

I stick blended, and hit thick trace all of a sudden - to me, it was like a thick, creamy mashed potato texture. Left it overnight in a stainless steel bowl, covered with plastic and 2 towels. Nothing happened - no gel, nothing. My 2 questions are this : 1) Can I hot process this, and see if I can get a good paste, or is it garbage now? and 2) Did I blend too much? Or did I do something else wrong?

Thanks for any help and suggestions!

You did nothing wrong. :) For what it's worth, mine never goes through a gel stage. It goes from liquid to paste. I believe what you have there is paste. Did you zap-test? If there is no zap, you are free to dilute it. :)

IrishLass :)

You did nothing wrong. :) For what it's worth, mine never goes through a gel stage. It goes from liquid to paste. I believe what you have there is paste. Did you zap-test? If there is no zap, you are free to dilute it. :)

IrishLass :)

Thank you foe the reply! I just did a zap test, and no zap! So.. I just have white paste? Should I expect this to be cloudy with dilution, or will the soap faeries be with me and make it clear? TBD, I guess ❤

Back