Cp & hp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulShine

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could safely HP freshly made CP soap in my crock pot?

This is an African Black soap and while I`ve omitted using the plant materials for the lye process I have used all the correct ingredients.

The reason I want to HP it is just to get the rustic look. I`ve never tried it so I was thinking it may turn into the dreaded soap volcano I`ve read about.

What are your thoughts on this?

Sharon

I was planning on adding the EO when the HP is almost finished,does anyone know if that will work?

I`ve never made HP soap except once to save a failed batch. And the was after the failed batch was 3 days old and I grated it up.

Adding eo/fo to a HP batch after its done processing but still warm and fluid works very well. You may want to add a bit less than you would use in CP too, it tends to hold stronger since the lye is already processed into soap so the eo doesn't get eaten up by the lye. I fragrance pretty heavy handed though and rarely scale back and still end up happy with the results.

Edited to add - Depending on the eo of course.

Pretty much any CP recipe can be made HP, just use full water, add about half the amount of EO or FO as you would if it were CP and add it after the cook when its cooling down. You can also add your superfat after the cook and it will be a true superfat then (ie not get saponified), and if you add it after you have taken the batter off the heat it will help with the cool down AND make it a little more liquid and less gloopy so you can get it in the mold easier.

Latest posts

Back