CP cutting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After your soap has set, and it's back down to room temperature. You definitely don't want to take it out of the mould if it is still warm because it will crumble. So...let it cool right down, unmould, cut, then put onto racks or whatever you are using for it to cure.

I unmold it as soon as it is firm enough and cool enough to do so. Depending on the hardness of the soap I usually cut it them to speed up the drying. Then I'll usually leave them alone until it's time to package except to pick them up every now and then to test for hardness.....and okay you caught me - ooohhh over them..... :lol:

I am so glad I asked it has been in the mold since Saturday... got ash on the top cause I forgot to insulate it but I only had one crack when cutting. Crazy how different Castile soap smells compared to my unscented shea.

I usually wait atleast 24 hours to unmold, and then I wait another day or so before I cut it.

I made some 100% coconut, 20% superfat soap the other day, and it was almost too hard to cut without cracking at 12 hours. Next time, I think I would try to cut sooner (unfortunately, that would have been around 2 or 3 a.m. this time!). So it really depends on what oils you are using as to how long you need to wait.

Latest posts

Back