CP Charcoal soap advice need it asap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenmeadow

Reaction score
Hi all !
Just finished 2batches of CP charcoal soap , how is better to go thorough gel phase or not ? Never made it before , any advice please !!
Thanks ,
Greenmeadow X

To gel or not is an entirely personal choice. Neither is wrong. I personally prefer to gel. I like the brighter colors it produces, and I like the fact that it gets firmer sooner and therefore I can cut it sooner.

Lots of people prefer the softer, creamier look that not gelling can give.

You say 2 batches - do you mean 2 molds? If so, gel one and don't gel the other and see what you prefer!

You may get a partial gel - that's when the middle of the log gel but the outer part does not. This is fine too. It will result in a darker spot in the middle where the soap gelled, but that is only cosmetic, the soap is fine. A lot of us hate partially gelled soap - I think because it represents a "failure" to control the soap.

Also, be on the lookout for a soap volcano. That's when the soap gets too hot, expands and gushes out of the mold. Here's a pic:
http://www.soaplabmalaysia.com/2016_02_01_archive.html

If you see cracks start to form along the top of your soap, is the early stages of the volcano. Stir the soap to release the heat, and/or move the soap to a cool/cold spot. Personally, I would stir rather than putting a potential soap volcano in my fridge or freezer. If it is cool were you are, you could take the soap outside.

Thanks Dixiedragon , I meant 2 molds indeed , very good advice will go for 1mold for each one and see which one is better!! I do prefer to gel my soap but I was in doubt with this batch having AC in ,so I thought it may be different with it.
Here the 2 molded loafs with AC soap !

image.jpg

I'm living in the North East of England and tempetures ouside now. are just about as same as in the fridge , should I just leave it outside or it has to go to freezer?
The second CA soap below

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back